Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Science - Ko te Pōkairua Tautara o te Pūtaiao Tātari
Participants in this programme are preparing for advanced careers in specialised areas of analytical science. The programme focuses on uncertainty in analyses, application of quality systems, consideration of possible changes to analytical procedures, and proficient, specialist practical work. Participants currently in laboratory employment may be able to use their work as all or part of the required placement.
This programme is for both domestic and international participants.
- Full time - 40 weeks plus study breaks
- Part time - up to three years (Part time option is not available for international participants who would be on a student visa.)
Awarded upon successful completion: Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Science
Post-study work visa: For information, please click here.
Time spent at a placement partner: At least 400 hours
Costs for Entire Programme:
Domestic NZ$12200 (Please ask about StudyLink assistance.)
Scholarships are available.
Please click here for information about other costs.
Entry: Participants must demonstrate an understanding of and general suitability for the programme as determined by Real World Education's pre-entry process, and meet either Criterion I or II (below). International applicants must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or better with no less than 6.0 in any band (or equivalent evidence of English proficiency).
- Criterion I: Hold a relevant degree at least equivalent to a New Zealand BSc, and have at least one year of relevant experience.
- Criterion II: Hold a relevant tertiary qualification (e.g., diploma, certificate) and have at least five years of relevant experience with at least one year of that experience significantly more advanced than would be typical of an employee in the first year of employment.
Areas of Specialisation: Each participant in this programme has an area of specialisation. Although other areas of specialisation are possible (feel free to inquire if you have another area of interest), common options include:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Science with a specialisation in Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Science with a specialisation in Instrumental Chemistry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Science with a specialisation in Microbiology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Science with a specialisation in Serology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Science with a specialisation in Laboratory Quality Management
Modules: The modules in this programme are listed below. For details of modules, please click here.
Preparation for practical experience (SCI701, 30 credits, level 7)
Practical experience and analysis (SCI801, 60 credits, level 8)
Project (SCI802, 30 credits, level 8)