Science Career Jumpstart
Do you already have the skills (e.g., lab skills and calculation skills) for the science job you want, but not the skills (e.g., CV crafting skills and interviewing skills) to get the job? If so, the Science Career Jumpstart might be right for you. (If you do not yet have the skills to do the job, you might benefit from one of our full programmes.) Since this one week short-course is given in New Zealand, it is only available to people living in New Zealand.
Graduates of our programmes have good success getting jobs because:
- they have good, employable skills,
- we do things to help with job hunting skills.
We offer a short-course that focuses on finding a science job. We will only accept participants into that short-course who we have reasonable confidence can land the sort of job they are wanting within 6 months of the end of the short-course.
The workshop is $950 (including morning & afternoon tea, and lunch), which is not inexpensive. However:
- Please compare that with the cost of an extra six months without a job.
- If you find the sort of job you are looking for prior to the start of the short-course, we will give a 100% refund.
- We are sufficiently confident of results that if a participant does not get the sort of job they want within 6 months of the end of the short-course, we will give that participant a 100% refund.
(Details of the 100% refund promise will be included in acceptance letters.)
The workshop will be strictly limited to 8 participants so that each can get individual attention.
The short-course is usually held at our Learning Centre in the CBD of Palmerston North and runs one week. When there is sufficient interest elsewhere, we are willing to offer the short-course elsewhere. Some follow-up services will be offered during the six months after this course.
If you have questions about this short-course, please feel free to contact us.
To receive more information including upcoming dates, please complete the no obligation form below.