Kia ora. Welcome.
Our programmes and short courses have one purpose: To help people prepare to start or to advance laboratory careers. Our programmes are not intended for everyone. Our programmes are to prepare people for technical roles in science laboratories. If you do not want to work in a lab, these programmes are not for you.
Here are broad categories of programmes we have:
- Programmes for people wanting to start a testing or research laboratory career or to get formal education and credentialing for testing or research laboratory work. Potential participants include:
- people with a good high school education
- people with degrees but lacking experience in professional laboratories
- people wanting a New Zealand education and qualification
- people already working in a laboratory but lacking formal education and credentials related to laboratory work
These programmes include microbiology and chemistry for professional laboratory work. For information about these programmes and a comparison between them, please click here.
- Programmes for people with at least three years experience in an accredited laboratory who want to get a better understanding of laboratory quality systems. For information about these programmes and a comparison between them, please click here.
- Programmes to help people gain skills and credentialing for professional roles in New Zealand school laboratories. For information about these programmes and a comparison between them, please click here.
Scholarships are available for these programmes.
In our most recent External Evaluation and Review by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority, we were placed in the best possible category: Category 1. For more details, please click here.
Please click any of the tabs above or links on this page to learn more.